How do I know which training courses to take?
Required training is assigned based on the specific job tasks in your research lab, shop, makerspace or studio.
– If you are a member of a group hosted in BioRAFT then all required training programs are automatically assigned to you. Your BioRAFT homepage will list the training courses that are required for you to complete.
– If your group does NOT have a profile in BioRAFT, then ask your supervisor.
I’m not in a lab group. Can I take a course in BioRAFT anyway?
Yes – any member of the NU community with active credentials can take any of the online courses in BioRAFT. You can participate in scheduled classroom courses, as well, as per availability.
I am getting email reminders for a course I don’t need. Can you make them stop?
Your PI, Lab manager, Group Manager or Group Compliance Liaison is responsible for updating their member list every semester. We (OARS) do not “assign” the training, nor do we add or delete members from groups. This is the sole responsibility of the PI or manager.
– Contact that PI, lab manager, or group compliance liaison if your membership in a lab/group is inaccurate and ask them to remove you from the list.
– Your group memberships are listed on the left side panel on your BIORAFT homepage.
I am in a lab group but am assigned a course I don’t need. What do I do?
Your PI, Lab manager, or Group Compliance Liaison determines job activity assignments in BioRAFT. Contact them to update your settings. Job activity assignments trigger training requirements.
I can’t log in with my student account. What’s wrong?
If you have both a NU student account and a staff or sponsored account, then you must log-in EVERY TIME with the sponsored account, even if that sponsored account is with a different office on campus.
– Any training programs you completed as a student will be on your profile, since all training is merged by NU ID.
– This hierarchy was configured when BioRAFT was set up to prevent duplicate profiles in the directory. If you have two NU IDs for any reason, please contact Northeastern Identity Manager to reconcile.
I completed a course, but the course credit isn’t showing up on my BioRAFT profile.
Contact the Training Specialist at OARS and include a screenshot with details. Provide the name of the course, any evidence of completion, and someone will assist you promptly.
I am stuck in a course and the program won’t advance.
Be sure that you are using Chrome or Firefox as your browser. Contact the Training Specialist at OARS with a screenshot and details. Provide the name of the course, any evidence you have of completion, and someone will assist you quickly.
I found an error/broken link in a course. What should I do?
Please take a screenshot and send it to the OARS team. We really appreciate your feedback and help to keep our programs current and operational.
I still have a question!
The answer may be on our BIORAFT page; please check! If not, contact the OARS group below.
Office of Academic and Research Safety/OARS
320 Renaissance Park
1135 Tremont Street
Leave Us a Message
Please send your request or question below and a member of our team will reply in a timely manner.